Eating quality, nutritious and well balanced foods offer many people the ability to live a better and longer life. There are some of these top quality well prepared foods that seek to offer the body the right nutrients and to make sure that you enjoy a better life. The healthy beef Jerky from grass fed animals such as cattle, turkey, chicken or buffalo is one of the most perfect foods that you can enjoy eating at ant time of the day.
Healthy Protein Snack
There are many benefits that people can always enjoy when eating healthy jerky products from their local store. Eating such healthy products are a perfect snack to hold you over to the main meal of the day. It perfectly offers the best nutritional values to the body of users and makes sure that they live a better longer life. Beef and buffalo jerky is widely known for its low fat content and wonderful flavors that make sure people are able to continue living a healthier life because they are consuming natural protein. Beef jerky is a great way to have a healthy snack if you are in the process of losing weight. Protein helps fill a person up while only consuming about 100 calories per serving. It is a great product for all people who are looking forward to lose excess weight and maintain a perfect well balanced body. A one ounce piece of the beef jerky is known to provide the body with about 9 to 12 grams of protein.
Benefits Of Beef Jerky
Healthy Beef Jerky
Proteins are highly known to break down once reaching the intestines. The proteins is turned into amino acids. These are used by the body to help in building tissues and other enzymes that are involved in the smart functionality of all body system. Beef jerky is known for its benefits in the body. It contains 13 milligrams of cholesterol which simply equals 15% to 23% of American Heart Association recommended amounts for daily intake of at least 200 to 300 milligrams. This is the best approach to living a longer healthier life as you enjoy the delicious and safe diets all the time.
That’s right, Jerky has the perfect low fat high protein snack for dieters. The beef jerky has 11 grans of protein and 1.5 grams of fat. tis makes for a great healthy jerky snack!
The jerky’s, beef, buffalo and turkey all range;
9 to11 grams of protein
1 to 2 grams of fat
60 to 90 calories per serving
3 – 4 servings per bag
If you are dieting you can try the high protein snack that fills you up and gives you the boost you need. Read the rest of this article on the 10 Guidelines to help you get started on your diet.
Whether it’s the onset of spring, the start of a new year or just the thought of slashing excess weight for the summer, you might be looking for the best tips on how to start, restart or stick to a healthy low fat diet. Maybe your doctor has prescribed a specific low fat diet due to a medical condition and you need more help on how to run this diet. A healthy jerky snack is a great snack to start out with!
Here are 10 guidelines to help you get started:
1. Be realistic – If you are looking to slash excess weight you need to remain focused, dedicated and positive minded. Otherwise, be ready for disappointments or, worse still, health problems. Make it a positive experience and begin with small but achievable goals. Shedding off a pound or two per week is a sure sign that you are on the right track. A crash diet will only balk your body and ultimately result in slowed metabolism rates. Your body will then go into preservation mode resulting in no more weight loss.
2. Clear out your pantry and refrigerator – Cookies and leftover holiday pies, full fat cheeses and dairy products should all be tossed. Whether they are Valentine, Halloween or Easter candies, cast them all out. Prepare and eat foods you have at hand.
3. Restock your pantry and refrigerator – Substitute fat-free or low fat diet products for their full-fat counterparts. Purchase grains, breads and pastas; and stock them with plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits. Limit yourself to nine servings (4 cups) of these every day.
4. Monitor serving sizes and portions. – Examine your food labels and their nutrition facts to help you understand the true meaning of a right serving size. Obviously, it’s less than you think. A food package often comes with more than one serving. Also, the nutrition analysis of these labels refers to just one portion, not the full package.
5. Always eat breakfast – Never at all skip breakfast. Here, breakfast does not mean doughnuts! Instead, a low fat diet comprises of fat free milk with whole grain cereals, yogurt and fruit for a stable blood-sugar level. A meal like this can sustain you until lunchtime.
6. Drink plenty of water – Water is an essential component for easy digestion. Also, it helps an individual to feel full before he/she can eat again. Always have a bottle of water by your side and drink frequently-you will eventually end up eating smaller portions of food.
7. Replace some of your meat dishes with vegetables – However, this should not be a reason for which you will reach for boxes of cheese or Mac. Some pasta or hearty three-bean chili with roasted vegetables might just be the best alternative.
8. Include fish in your diet at least once in a week. – Fish should be included in your list of low fat diet foods. Despite the fact that some types such as the salmon have higher levels of fat, they offer omega-3 fatty acids that are very essential for heart functions.
9. Get moving. – Watching your fat or calorie intake and completing the transition to a healthier and fat-free lifestyle are two different things. To achieve this, you need to burn extra calories by exercising regularly. Dedicate just 30 minutes of daily exercise to your schedule and set realistic goals.
10. Eat healthy snacks. – Healthy snacks include whole-grain crackers, fruit, air-popped popcorn, low-fat yogurt or raw vegetables. Occasional cravings for a cookie or a square of chocolate is not a bad idea. You just need to set them aside as special treats, though.
These guidelines will help you stick to a natural and low fat diet for a healthier and happier lifestyle. Importantly, do not deprive yourself of anything. You just need to watch what you eat, how and when. Wishing you great health!
Healthy Beef and Buffalo Jerky Snack
Which is the most recommended healthy jerky snack? Well, jerky is a form of lean meat that is trimmed and cut off its excess fats, chopped into small trips, salted and dried to preserve it from getting attacked by bacteria. It is therefore preserved when its protein to moisture content is right, cured and stored for future consumption. However, the modern jerky is usually marinated using some seasoned spice rub or liquid, dried or smoked using low heat to prevent it from getting spoiled. Jerky is therefore a ready to eat meat that needs no additional preparation and which can be prepared using either poultry, beef, fish or game meat. It can then be stored for such a long time without having to be put into a refrigerator as long as its moisture to protein content is proper and correct. One can therefore prepare for themselves some jerky. However, there are many products in the market that are sold as jerky that consist of highly processed , chopped and formed meat, rather than just the traditional sliced and whole muscle meat which then begs the question on which should be consider the most healthy jerky snack.
Since moisture and fats are removed from the meat during the preparation of jerky, a healthy jerky snack is therefore considered as an excellent source of protein with a low calorie and of course a low fat content. A healthy jerky should then be devoid of any nitrates and artificial flavors and needs to have been prepared using natural ingredients such as salt, as these may not expose the body to so much side effects. Moreover, a healthy jerky snack needs to be gluten free, 100% lean and with very minimal fat content not to mention the fact great in taste, moist, tender and seasoned to perfection, plus the fact that it has to be low in carbohydrates and low in sodium as well.
Nutritious Healthy Jerky Snack
Therefore if you need some nutritious and supper healthy, energy snack that you can eat as the best meat replacement, then an all natural jerky is the most convenient food to carry with you. This high protein, low fat and low carbohydrate snack, will make you full, provide you with enough energy that is needed to get you through as well as the desired nutrients to sustain your body. That said, a healthy jerky can therefore be recommended as the best food if you want to loose weight instead of employing the traditional diets or foods, as it allows your body to burn more calories and to digest more proteins.
Fruit jerky is simply pureed dried fruit. The dried fruit strips are referred to as “fruit leather” because the fruit strips are shiny after they have dried. Commercial products like fruit roll ups are found on grocery store shelves. Be careful of the commercial roll ups though because they may contain more added sugar and artificial ingredients than fruit. Fruit roll-up jerky is a favorite of children and it can be a nutritious snack. Made without added sugar means they can be part of a diabetic diet as well. If you search a little you can find organic fruit jerky made without artificial ingredients and chemicals. On the other hand, you could make your own.
Easy To Make Jerky
Use one pint of fresh, home preserved, canned or frozen fruit for each 13” x 15” leather. Puree the fruit with 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/8th teaspoon ascorbic acid to prevent the fruit from darkening. Add a little applesauce as well for less tartness and a pliable leather. The puree should be smooth but add a bit of water if it seems thick. Cover a 13” x 15” cookie sheet with plastic wrap, making it tight and smooth. Pour the puree into the pan and smooth evenly to about 1/8th in thick. The fruit is ready to dry in your dehydrator for 6 to 8 hours or the oven set at 140 for 18 hours. Check the middle for dryness to know when the fruit jerky is ready. Another name for fruit jerky is fruit leather. I guess it got this name because the flat stripes had a leather type look and feel. This is not the case with fruit jerky from Jerky Direct. Theirs is a soft chew in a round stick about twice the size around of a pencil.
Fruit Jerky Is Fun For Kids
Gluten Free Jerky
Making fruit jerky is a fun activity for kids. Once the fruit is pureed and poured into the pan, dry in the sun for 1 to 2 days. Once dry, peel the leather from the plastic wrap. Using cooking cutters, kids can stamp out shapes from the fruit leather and re-wrap in plastic wrap. Scraps go into their mouths and the wrapped fruit leather will keep at room temperature for a month if well hidden.